Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Repurposed

some folk keep their demons in the cupboards
    some under the stairs
    under the bed locked up in pairs
some folk keep their demons in their pocket
    others far, far away
    some keep their demons locked up
    hoping to keep them at bay
I keep my demons ground fine
    to add sparkle to my eye shadow
    a shimmer to my waterline
        their blood a paste to moisturize
    and make my skin oh – so – fine
conditioning my hair with demon bile
    a jar in the fridge for nail polish
no need to abolish
    the sinful little fuckers
if they come for me
    I’ll eat them up
        munch and bite
            demon bone to keep the teeth white


-o0o-

This poem was inspired by this picture posted by a friend on Facebook:


No comments:

Post a Comment